What Information We Collect
Account Information: Using Virtual Airwaves Services does not require identifying information like your name or email address. When you first launch the App, we assign a unique user id that is tied to that physical device. You can run the Virtual Airwaves app on multiple devices, but each device will operate as a completely separate user account, and Virtual Airwaves will not connect your usage of multiple devices. Any assets like channel privileges are specific only to that device. We do not maintain any record of this device's usage, other than for statistical purposes and load planning.
In future versions, we may offer the ability to create a User Account purely for the user's convenience of maintaining privileges across devices, but this will not affect the fact that communicating with the Virtual Airwaves Services will not cause your user account information to be transmitted as part of that communication.
In future versions, you may be able to create handles to personalize your transmissions. You may choose a handle that contains personally identifiable information such as your name, but that is not a requirement, nor is it used for any reason other than to label your transmissions.
Many of Virtual Airwaves's features require knowledge of your physical location. Thus, we ask you to share your location information from your mobile device and/or computer. If you choose not to, the Services will not function. Location information is used to enable appropriate location-relevant channels to appear, and to determine the set of users with which you can currently communicate. You can revoke your consent by changing the settings or preferences on your device and/or computer or by deleting Virtual Airwaves from your device. I f you do not want Virtual Airwaves to use location information from your computer when you are using Virtual Airwaves website, you should also clear your browser history (where location information is stored).
Your geolocation is not exposed to other users, other than to the degree that you are able to communicate with others within a relatively close proximity. We do not save your location history, other than using your recent history to determine which channels you are allowed access to at a specific point in time. We may save your location history for statistical purposes, but only as non-identified data.
Your Content and UsageWe do not store any audio that you transmit through the Virtual Airwaves Services, other than for the transient period required to distribute your audio to its destination devices, or to a streaming history. No externally-identifying information is attached to a transmission.
Information We Collect Automatically. We may automatically collect information about your use of the Services such as: access time, device ID, application ID or other unique identifier; domain name, IP address, screen views; geo-location data (with your permission); language information; device name and model; operating system information; your activities within the Services; and the length of time that you are logged in. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you.
How We Use Information We Collect
In general, we use the information we collect from and about you to provide and operate the Services, respond to your requests, and to provide customer service and technical support. We may also use information:
- To provide you access to location-relevant Virtual Airwaves channels within which you can communicate.
- To tailor the information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization.
- To personalize and customize your experiences while using our Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent impersonation, spam or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
Where Information is Processed
Virtual Airwaves is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the U.S. and other countries. The laws of the U.S. and other countries governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live. And, your information may be made available to government or law enforcement requests.
How We Share Information
You cannot control who receives your transmissions; any content you transmit is publicly available. So, if you don't want to share something publicly, don't transmit it; you should assume the content you post may be shared with and viewable by others. We do not identify you by name or contact information to other Virtual Airwaves users. However, we cannot prevent others from determining your identity from the content you transmit.
The information we collect, including personally identifiable information, may be shared as follows:
- Virtual Airwaves Users. Any information that you transmit, including handles, comments, pictures, replies and other information is publicly available. We cannot control how others use your transmitted content. Virtual Airwaves does not enable other users to re-transmit your content, but they could use other services (such as audio recording devices) to capture and re-use your content. Your transmissions may be publicly distributed outside of Virtual Airwaves by us or third parties.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we have collected to another company in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process. For example, we may share your IP address or other identifier, your location information, or any other information we have collected about you and your device.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which Virtual Airwaves is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may also share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
When inviting others to join a private channel, all access is provided through the transference of claim codes through your own communication channels (instant messaging, email, etc.), and Virtual Airwaves does not see any contact info of others to whom you transmit those claim codes. Thus, Virtual Airwaves does not, and cannot, create a mapping of your contact network.
If you choose to share these claim codes within the Virtual Airwaves App, we will generate a message with the claim code and possibly a Virtual Airwaves download URL included, but we only use your mobile device's underlying services for addressing and sending those messages.
Virtual Airwaves does not maintain a copy of your audio content.
Virtual Airwaves enables sending notifications to others in a private channel. These push notifications are addressed to your specific device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device, but this will degrade the benefit of Virtual Airwaves's private channels, so that others who have been invited into that channel can contact you.
Cookies when using a browser
"Cookies" are small data file identifiers that are transferred to your computer when using a browser, that allow us to recognize your browser and transfer information about you and your use of our Services. We may use "persistent" cookies to save information for future use of our Services through that same browser. We may also use "session ID" cookies to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the Services. Unlike persistent cookies, session ID cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from a Service and close your browser. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from our Sites. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services.
Third Party Analytics
We may use automated devices and applications, included those offered by third parties to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. The information collected may include unique device identifiers, device manufacturer and operating system, IP address, browser type, session start/stop time, and user activity.
Our Services may contain third party links, including third party integrations. Any access to and use of such links or third party integrations is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
You must be at least 18 to use our Services. If you are not at least 18, please do not use our Services or provide any information to us.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at virtualairwaves.com/support
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy at virtualairwaves.com/privacy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site, or providing notice in our mobile app.